Friday 9 May 2014

SHAY CARL! I NEED YOUR HELP! I'M RUNNING OUT OF TIME!

Hi Shay Carl! 

My name is Maxwell Moulson and I am reaching out to you because I desperately need your help. I watched your episode of ShayTards today where you spoke about helping Tyler out and it was inspiring and touching; you should be so proud of yourself! And I feel so awful about what happened to Tyler's girlfriend's father... :( 

My request doesn’t involve business, but it does involve the biggest, most important event in my life thus far (I am not exaggerating).

Here is my story: I am half Trinidadian and I would like to give back to Trinidad and Tobago by promoting tourism there. I am aware that after high school you spent some time in Trinidad as part of your LDS mission and that is absolutely fantastic!

The division of tourism in Tobago set up a competition to find The Island Connoisseur! A Canadian who would travel to Tobago and spend the summer months doing all the fantastic things the island has to offer while sharing their adventures through social media. To enter the contest applicants had to create a 30 second video and write a bio about themselves explaining why they are the best person for the job. There were over two hundred applicants and the judges chose me as one of ten finalists. Now it is up to the world to vote among us to decide who will be the Tobago Island Connoisseur.

I am the youngest finalist at 20 years old. I am currently in college and am working. Something like this, for someone my age, at this point in my life, would be a life-changing experience. I couldn’t possibly imagine a better way to spend the summer and I wouldn’t want to spend it any other way. I am upbeat, enthusiastic, and eager and would be perfect for this. 

I am requesting your assistance because while I am doing everything in my power to inform Canada of my candidacy, some of the other finalists are light-years ahead. They already have an enormous online presence, and are being mentioned on travel shows and heavily followed twitter accounts. The winner is chosen strictly by the amount of votes they receive. If you could mention me in a video, a tweet, a post, or anything of the like, I would appreciate the surge of votes that I’m certain I would get and desperately need! I unfortunately do not possess the following that the other finalists have, but I might be able to become the Island Connoisseur and personally share my experiences with you and your viewers with your support.

If you found the time to read this long message I sincerely thank you.  The voting for this contest ends Friday May 16th at 9PM. The links to everything associated with this are below.

Thank you again and I would love to hear back from you!

- Max

Voting Website: http://vote.60daysinparadise.com (<- my video can be seen on this website)

My Bio: http://maxmoulson60days.blogspot.com/2014/03/60days-tobago-island-connoisseur-bio.html


The Contest General Info: http://60daysinparadise.com

No comments:

Post a Comment